Halton Credit Union are looking for someone who is either AAT (Association of Accouting Technicians) qualified or is working towards this qualification.
You would be working alongside the Finance Manager and CEO to assist in Reporting, Payroll and HR dutires.
To job would be 30-37 hours per weeks, with a salary of £18,000-£20,000 pro rata
The desirable person must:-
- Be either AAT qualified, or working towards this
- Be able to process information with a high level of detail and care
- Be able to meet tight deadlines
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have knowledge of Financial Accounting and Reports
- Have knowledge of Budget Setting, management and monitoring
- Have knowledge of must be proficient with IT
It would be desirable, but not essential if the condidates were:
- Experienced in working in the financial sector
- Able to calm distressed members
- Experienced in making decisons with both staff and members (customers)
- Able to deal with team members and be able to help train staff.
- A knowledge of Credit Unions, with a focus on Governance and Financial Requirements of the Credit Union Sector
- IT skills, including networks, software installation.
Your Key Activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of the financial budget, forecast and analysis
- To assist with all duties of the Finance Manager and will include the nominal ledger, online banking, bank reconciliation, etc
- Produce reports for the Finance Manager and Treasurer, including preparation of Board Reports
- To assist in the production of Legal returns for our regulators
- Assist and Support the Finance Staff and Credit Control teams
A Full description can be found in the job description, which is available to downlaod on this page.
There are two documents available to download, one is the Job Description, please give it a good read, as there will be a test if you're selected for interview. The other is the Application Form, please complete and return it to us at:
Halton Credit Union, 115-116 Runcorn Shopping City, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 2BX
Deadline is Friday 23rd August 2019, please note that we are unable to accept any applications after this date.