The Benefits of a Halton Credit Union Loan
- HCU offers very competitive rates of interest on personal loans of up to a maximum of £2500* and are happy to offer much smaller amounts.
- Interest is charged on the reducing balance of the loan. This is important if you want to repay your loan weekly rather than monthly, as you'll pay less interest overall.
- When you borrow from HCU, you can pay back loans through various channels. These include cash at local offices or collection points; straight from your wages through payroll deduction (if your employer agrees); direct from your Child Benefit; from your bank account by standing order.
- All HCU loans come with no hidden charges and no penalties for repaying the loan early.
- When someone borrows from us, they are encouraged to save too, meaning that by the time they finish repaying the loan, their savings will have grown as well.
*PLEASE NOTE: The amount you are able to borrow from HCU goes up in stages – the first loan being up to £500 and the current maximum loan being £2500 – See HCU Loan Policy for further details.
HCU provides three loan products to members:
Loan Protection to Offer Peace of Mind
Click on the Which logo to read a great article by Rob Goodman...
‘Borrowing from a Credit Union’
Please Note: Although Credit Unions from around the world form part of the same Credit Union Movement, each one has its own policies and procedures and offer services which may differ.
In brief (and in response to the article) Halton Credit Union:
Members have to live or work in Halton:
- To be eligible to join HCU Members must live or work in Halton;
- The maximum loan amount is currently £2500;
- The maximum repayment period is 2 years on loans £1000 and over;
- HCU does not offer mortgages.
Credit Unions are saving and loan cooperatives. Basically, they are a place where members can save and borrow money.
Halton Credit Union has multiple savings and loan products. Please click each link to find out more.
There are many benefits